Honey Whole Wheat Bread
This recipe can be found on our bags of conventional and organic Whole Wheat Flour.
- Warm Water
- Active Dry Yeast (one packet)
- Milk room temperature
- Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- Whole Wheat Flour or Organic Whole Wheat Flour
HOW TO COOKつくり方
- Pour water into a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle yeast over top. Let sit until yeast dissolves, about five minutes. Stir in milk, honey and oil. Add all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour and stir by hand or with a dough hook until a dough forms, about 1 minute on low.
- Add the salt and knead dough until it is smooth and springy, about 10 minutes on medium speed.
- Form dough into a ball and place in a large bowl lightly coated with oil. Turn dough to coat with oil. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Transfer dough to floured surface. Divide dough in half and form into two balls. Preheat the oven to 220 Celsius. Grease two 23 x 13 cm loaf pans. Gently press and shape each ball into a 23 x 23-cm square. Fold into thirds, like folding a letter. Pinch the seam closed and place loaf seam-side down in prepared pan. Cover and let rise for 40 – 60 minutes.
- Make three angled slashes on top of each loaf with a knife and place in oven. Immediately reduce heat to 190°C and bake until loaves are golden-brown and sound hollow when tapped, about 30 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire rack.